Pure Love, which enlightens us all, is the real quality of the Heart Center. Before our Inner Energy gets awakened and opens up all our energy centers, we may not always love for love’s sake. Because of our conditionings we may confuse feelings of Love with those of possession, sex and selfishness. Pure Love is detached, it gives without interest. Like the tree which gives shade to one and all, it is without prejudice and motive. True Love is the quality that emanates from the Spirit and not from the body or mind. When we talk of loving someone, we should understand the direction in which this Love is flowing. Bodily attraction is physical. It can arise out of sex appeal, or the conditioned response to a dream image of a prince charming or even from an artist’s or ad-man’s projection. There are even those who exercise seductive arts to ensnare a good “catch”. We can see this in those who indulge in excessively trendy fashions. These people are especially at risk in their relationships because they relate not as two Spirits, but as two fashionable physical forms. This kind of physical attraction is not true Love because it comes from the mind, and mind does not love – it merely wants. When the want of the mind is attained, then the novelty wears off. For instance a child is excited and attached to a new toy, but after a few days as the novelty wears away, the excitement dies. The same occurs with relationships which are based simply on physical attraction. That which is illusory cannot love or be loved.
Love is often mistakenly taken as restricted to male and female. In fact Love is the flow of life in all limbs, between children/parents, brothers/sisters, friends, old people, etc. When many people share and care, then the whole society opens up its Heart Center. It becomes a collective society and changes the world. This is the power of Love. Love is the principle behind all creation, all vibrations. We say that God is Love and Love is God, because in its depths we cease to be. In true Love there is no “I” and “You”, there is simply the merging in the Spirit. In this state we experience true human unity, the true oneness of life. Physically we can appear as different colors, shapes, characteristics, but as we become the Spirit the drops all become one ocean, with the vibrations dancing in different rhythms, taking different patterns, breaking and remaking again in a perpetual cosmic dance. Hate and jealousy develop an anti-current which flows against the cosmic rhythm. Where there is Love there is Growth, Celebration, Joy and Evolution!
12 Quotes About Love by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
1. We are all part and parcel of one country. And that country is of Love.
2. The light of Love is so sweet, so beautiful, so enamoring, so abounding. You can feel that Light within you which is of pure Love, pure relationship and pure understanding.
3. What do we have to achieve? Not your position, not your wealth, not all these outward things, but you have to achieve a Loving heart.
4. It is important to learn that Love is your life, Love is spirituality.
5. This all-pervading divine power of Love is the ocean of knowledge, is the ocean of bliss and compassion, but above all it is the ocean of forgiveness.
6. Some are rich, some are poor, these are transitory things. Look into the heart within and enjoy that Love. With that Love you elevate and once more rise to greatness.
7. If love is killed, joy is lost. You cannot have joy without Love.
8. You can do marvels and miracles if you have developed the understanding of Love.
9. If you have love, you can correct people without saying anything to them because Love is a supreme intelligence.
10. We do not know our potential, our beauty, but once this connection with the mains is established you will be surprised at the results and the dynamism. Through our love we can absorb the defects of others and cleanse them. This is the power of Love. So far we have never used the power of Love.
11. It’s all on a shifty sand we are standing, all the time … The reason is, I want you to stand on rocks. And this Rock is emitting Love, is emitting that Divine Love. And the Joy of that Love is really so Beautiful.
12. When the day will come when human beings will be understanding the beauty of Love, then from the heavens there will be flowers falling on us. It is my vision. It’s the future for you, to see how peacefully you can talk to people, how sweetly you can Love others, how much you can give to others.